Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Food Down Under (Outback Steakhouse Review)

Our former roommate decided to take us out for dinner to celebrate our recent marriage.  Even though I have been on this earth for 30 years I had never set foot in the land down under.  I guess because they were always so far away.  I remember drooling over their commercials and desperately craving a bloomin' onion.  If i had realized that you get free bread I would never have ordered the stinkin' onion!


Not sure what kind of bread it was but I do know it was hot and came with butter.  I think I could live on bread alone.  So good!


The onion was huge!  After filling up on the bread basket I was in no condition to polish this sucker off.  Not that I would have wanted too. I didn't like the dipping sauce and the coating just kind of fell off.  I was exception more of a giant onion ring.  I've had better ones at the county fair.


I ordered the steak and coconut shrimp.  I also ordered a baked sweet potato as a side along with the steamed veggies but got mashed potatoes instead for some reason.  The veggies were awesome.  The steak was awesome.  The coconut shrimp not so much.  The dipping sauce was very sweet and so was the very thick coating.  I picked it off and just ate the shrimp.


The mashed potatoes were delicious but I would have preferred my baked sweet potato *pout*.  I really can't complain now though because I didn't call it at the time.  I should have spoke up and got my potato.  I was feebly attempting to make a healthier choice.  In for a dime, in for a dollar, right? *cringe*


Peter took advantage of our roommates generosity and ordered the lamb.  I took a nibble but didn't care for it.  The sauce they served on the side was delicious though!  Peter ate it all up and definitely recommends them. 

Overall, we had a good time.  It was a Monday night and the place was dead so we got seated and our orders placed quickly.  It was steak and it was potatoes.  I'd eat there again.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm... I love Outback! Now you got me craving one of their bloomin' onions...

    ReplyDelete