Saturday, April 28, 2012

Pin All the Things 4/28/12


This week has been exhausting for me.  I have never felt so tired that I didn't feel like cooking anything at all.  Some how I made it through the week and while I still feel groggy, I definitely feel more energetic today.  As soon as I got up I headed to the library to pick up some books I had placed a hold on.  I had been wanting to look at a couple of America's Test Kitchen cookbooks. They're fun but not as fun as the fiction novels I picked up too.  I've been reading a ton lately...well, when I'm not asleep that is!

I joined a site called Goodreads. It's a site that lets you keep a virtual bookshelf of books you've read and books you would like to read.  It will also suggest books based on your likes and dislikes.  It's a good way to keep track of your reading list and find something new to check out.  You can check out my bookshelf and profile here.  

Pinned this week:

Things to Be Cooked



Coleslaw.  I'm embarrassed to admit that I fail at making coleslaw from scratch.  I've always been partial to the stuff from KFC.  This recipe looks relatively simple and in appearance reminds of the stuff from KFC.




I keep posting healthy recipes with the hope that they'll inspire me to eat better.  I have decided to swear off soda, even diet soda!  I'm waiting for the headache now.  Anyways, I tried lentils for the first time while doing Americorp and really enjoyed them and could see my self enjoying them seasoned like taco filling.

I Scream, You Scream

No It isn't a pin-board for scary movies!  It's getting hot down here in Florida and I'm craving some ice cream...


Source: chow.com via Heather on Pinterest


I really like the premise of this recipe.  I was thinking of modifying it by using cantaloupe instead.  I love me some ice cold cantaloupe at the beach.  It'd like the salty air mixes in with each bite full and intensifies the flavor.  Divine!




I pinned this one for shear weirdness of it.  I'll probably try it bought I dunno.  I think the texture may end up being the deciding factor of weather or not this one is a success.

Blogs I love




Stumbled upon this gem this week while looking for sewing tips.  Found a lot of projects I want to half way complete instead.  (I have a ton of half finished craft projects sadly).

No comments:

Post a Comment