Thursday, June 28, 2012

Taco Pizza

Taco Pizza (12)

I don't know why but lately all I have been making around the house is pizza. I think it has to be one of my favorite foods. This particular pizza is a favorite of my Mom. There is a pizza chain up north that makes a similar pizza. I honestly would never have thought crumbled nacho cheese chips on a pizza would be a good idea but it somehow works. It tastes just like eating a taco salad!


Taco Pizza (2)

It's a real simple pizza to assemble. Actually I don't make any pizza that isn't easy to assemble. I'm lazy.

I did forget to catch a step with my camera. You'll need to cook up some ground beef and season it with a taco seasoning packet or your own seasonings if you like. I just find the packets convenient! If I know I want o make this pizza I usually try to make some extra taco meat and have traditional tacos later in the week.

Taco Pizza (13)

for the first layer of the pizza you'll need to mix some of the taco sauce into some refried beans. You just want to make it spreadable. Otherwise you'll just rip a hole in your pizza dough and cuss up a storm and disturb your sleeping husband.

Taco Pizza (14)

You'll also need a pizza crust. Make your own or go to the store and get some. It can even be from the doughboy. I won't tattle on you.

Taco Pizza (15)

So after spreading on the beans and slapping on some taco meat your ready to smother the sucker in some cheesy goodness. Don't skimp on the cheese. Yum! bake at 425 for about 12 minutes or until the cheese is all bubbly. I use thin crust so your pizza might take longer depending on what kind of dough your using. After it cools down a little I crunch up some cheesy nacho chips, toss on some lettuce and if I have them tomatoes. If you still have some taco sauce left drizzle that on too! eat immediately.

This pizza does not re-heat well. Actually anything with lettuce on it is pretty much a done deal. Have you ever tried to re heat a taco supreme from Taco Bell. Yeah. Ain't gonna happen!

Taco Pizza
an original recipe by Heather

1 ball of pizza dough
1/2 can of refried beans
1/4 cup of taco sauce (plus a little extra for drizzling)
1/2 lb of cooked ground beef seasoned with taco seasonings
2 cups taco cheese
1/2 cup crushed nacho cheese chips
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 small tomato diced

Spray pizza pan with Pam and sprinkle with corn meal. Roll out dough and stretch into circle.

Mix taco sauce and refried beans together and spread in a thin layer on pizza dough. Spread with ground beef mixture and then cheese.

Bake in preheated 425F oven for 12-15 minutes or until crust is done and cheese is bubbly.

Let pizza cool for 5 minutes and then cover with crushed chips, lettuce and tomato. Drizzle on some of the remaining taco sauce.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment