Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My Haunted Home and Spider Cupcakes


Living in a small apartment really sucks.  I love Halloween but it's impossible for me to decorate my place.  I used to have a ton of Halloween decor but I had to leave it behind when I moved to Florida.  Slowly I have been amassing more Halloween decor.  I can't help it.  It's an addiction.

My Haunted Home 2012

I usually don't have a theme but  because of the limited space I quickly zeroed in on one.  Spiders!  Mostly because they are small and easy to store.  I also have some lights and a few other random items like my black cat but for the most part it's spiders.


I made a googly eye wreath for the door and found a felt spider garland at Target.  I bought the spooky sound mat hoping to scare the bejesus out of my roommate.  Unfortunately I only managed to scare myself.  Multiple times.  The dropping spider sneaks up on me and scares the crap out me too. 

My Haunted Home 2012 

Spiders really scare me.  They scare my husband too which is why he keeps asking me why I'm decorating with them.  Halloween is supposed to be scary and fun, I say.  I loved covering my wall with those spiders!  I made the word art using pic monkey.  They're all quotes from some of favorite Halloween films.  Can you name the movies?

Spider Cupcakes

I made these cupcakes the same time I made the butter rum pumpkins.  I had some batter left over and leftover butter cream icing from another project.  I think they came out uber cute!

Anybody else decorate for Halloween?

1 comment: