Thursday, May 17, 2012

Frustration


There just some things that no matter how hard you try cannot come out perfect.  I'm a perfectionist.  I like my projects to come out lovely and when I open something I expect it to be done with ease.

See this package of baking soda:


Notice that line of text?  EASY OPEN.  SO you think that opening this package should be a no-brainer.


Why even say it is easy open when in fact it is not?  Not that this package is re-sealable or anything but I was really hoping not struggle with opening it. And breaking a nail.  I had juts painted my nails too.  They were lovely.

I also hate using saran wrap.  It always folds in on it's self and refuses to stick to the object needing stored.  I'm usually lucky if I can escape from the wrap without getting cut on the serrated edge or losing the whole roll under the table when it falls out of the package.  Lately parchment paper has been mean to me as well.  I can't get a straight edge to save my life.

What frustrates you in the kitchen?

1 comment:

  1. It never fails that a 10-minute recipe takes me at least 30 minutes to complete, or like most of the time, an hour or two. I follow the recipe exactly, and it never comes out the way it looks in the picture, or the way I would like it to. So improvisation is very important when you've had a little experience in the kitchen. Also, I try to clean up as I go, but still end up making a mess all over the counter and floor,especially when baking!

    ReplyDelete