Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pudding Pops as Easy as 1-2-3


I don't remember eating a lot of pudding pops as a child.  I remember eating fudgesicles and those nasty fla-vor-ice pops.  You know, the ones that you had to freeze before eating and came in a plastic tube that will cut your tongue?  They tasted like cheap Kool-Aid.  So gross.  Fudgesicles delicious.  Jell-O Pops delicious.  Fla-vor-ice bad!

I found these randomly at my Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market
I don't have any children but I don't think that should stop you from purchasing uber cute Popsicle molds and making delicious ice pops.  I've tried to make pudding pops before and they always turn out kind of watery.  I found a recipe using half-and-half and the mouth feel of these pops is almost exactly like I remember pudding pops. Pudding pops are really easy to make too.



I used Silk Almond milk.  It was nasty drinking straight up but tasted great with chocolate Nesquick in it so I figured it would be fine mixed into chocolate pudding mix.  I'm sure regular milk is perfectly acceptable as it was called for in the original recipe.  You'll also need some half-and-half and a small box of instant pudding mix.


Mix 1 cup of almond milk with one cup of half-and half.  Add pudding mix and stir, stir, stir till all the lumps are out.

 
Pour into your molds-don't over fill! Insert your stick and freeze until solid.  If you do over fill just clean up the spillage (with your finger so you can lick it off, yum!)  I had some leftover pudding so I just ate it for breakfast.  I'm crazy like that.


Nom, nom, nom!  I had to loosen them out by running some tap water over the molds but other than that this recipe is delicious.

Pudding Pops
 adapted from Cakespy

1 package (3.9 oz.) Jell-O Instant Pudding, in the flavor of your choosing 
1 cup cold half and half 
1 cup cold almond milk 


BEAT ingredients with whisk 2 min.
POUR into your popsicle mold. Insert  pop sticks.
FREEZE 5 hours or until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment