Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Lemon-Pineapple Fizz


For some reason I really wanted to go all out and be festive for Memorial Day weekend.  It's a 3 day weekend for me and my hubby happened to be off so I just really felt like I should make something extra special to nom on.

I found a couple recipes I wanted to try out and figured this was the perfect opportunity to put them to the test.  One was this recipe I found via Pinterest:




And the other was a Lemon-Blueberry Cheesecake recipe posted on the Brown-Eyed Baker.

We also attempted to grill out which we do almost never because we don't own a grill and have to use the communal ones at out apartment complex.  They're kind of icky.  My husband's family has an awesome marinade for beef shish kabobs that is mouth wateringly delicious.  I'll share it later on this week.

I only made one change to the to this pineapple punch.  Instead of adding ice cubes made of water I froze some of the punch in an ice cube tray.  That way the punch isn't water down and diluted.  I found a really cute star shaped mold at Target but by the time I goat around to taking pictures they stars we not recognizable.


It was so hot out and this drink was so refreshing.  I ended up adding some more Sprite to it as the night went on because it was very rich.  We had leftovers that were even better the next day.  I expected all the fizz to be gone but, nope, still fizzy!


Next time I make this I'm going to use some ginger ale and grate up a bit of fresh ginger into it.  I think it needs a bit of snappy spiciness to off set the sweetness.  The tartness is just right.  I'll definitely be making this recipe again.  Actually, I only wanted an excuse to use my super cute pitcher I got for a wedding present.  I hate owning things that just collect dust so making lemonade in it is great way to justify the purchase=)

Lemon-Pineapple Fizz
adapted from froggyandthemouse.com

1 cups Country Time lemonade mix (or similar lemonade powder)
2 cups of cold water
1 can (46 oz) of chilled pineapple juice
36 oz (about 3 cans) cold Sprite
1 lemon cut into slices for garnish (optional)
ice made with finished punch (optional)

Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher.  add lemon garnish if using and prepare glasses using punch ice cubes. Consume immediately as soda will lose it's fizz after 1 day.


No comments:

Post a Comment