Saturday, June 9, 2012

Pin All the Things 6/9/12 {Getting Healthy}


So I finally got sick and tired of being sick and tired and made an appointment with the doctor.  I pretty much knew what she was going to tell me but I went ahead with the appointment anyways because we have a family history of diabetes and thyroid problems.  After ruling out those possibilities she encouraged me to lose weight and put me on some anti-depressants.  No surprise.  Not at all.

That was over a month ago.  The pills really help.  I was really reluctant to give them a try.  My mood has improved.  My weight, however, remains unchanged.  It's one of my sources of sadness.  It is very easy for me to make excuses and just sit in front of the TV and eat.  When I'm sad I eat.  When I'm happy I eat.  Ick!  Why do I write a food blog again?

Anyways, at my check up to see how I was doing and get my test results I promised the doctor I would really really try to lose weight.  I have all the tools to do so.  I even have a gym membership I never use and a Wii.  This Sunday I am recommitting myself to healthy eating and exercise.  My husband has adorably decided to help me out by promising me prizes for #age lost.  Oh, and to also nag me about it and join me in my goals.  My cooking has made him a lil chubby too, lol!  He just needs to shape up a little bit.

This week I pinned some resources that I hope will aid me in my goal:


Source: google.com via Heather on Pinterest


I already own a Wii Fit. Now I just have to get off my butt and use the darn thing. Hula-hooping and marching band are my favorite segments. I hate the running and cycling ones.

Source: walmart.com via Heather on Pinterest


My batteries are always running out on the darn Wii Fit board. Maybe I can convince Peter this could be one of my 'surprises'? The bag for the board is so cute!

Source: walmart.com via Heather on Pinterest


I bought this around Christmas and used it a lot. Well. For like a month. Maybe. I'm back to it though and would like to say my flippin' legs are killing me right now. Also, I'm pretty sure I flail around more like a drunken fish rather than the hot Latina babe pictured on the cover. Believe me. It's not a pretty sight. I refuse to use it when Peter is in the vicinity.



One of my favorite shows and I just love her e-mails and books. I just bought 300 under 300 and can't wait to try out some healthy recipes. They are real simple and don't require a lot of special ingredients.





These two blogs provide awesome recipes and tips for those trying to get the weight off.

Source: self.com via Heather on Pinterest


I used to subscribe to Self back when I went to the gym everyday. Back before I moved to Florida and got married. I really like this magazine because It isn't full of high fashion models and similar ads. The website is a great companion too. Especially the workout generator. The Wii is awesome for cardio, not so much for toning and sculpting. Gotta mix it up!


For keeping track of my calories and fitness minutes I like to use Sparkpeople.  They also have a whole community full of wonderful people to help keep you motivated.  Lots of recipes, videos and workout tips.  Best of all?  Free! I like free.  I also like their point system.  I'm like a dog.  I need rewards, lol!

I'm going to try to keep posting awesome healthy resources on my Pinterest.  Got any tips or great sites I should check out to help me on my weight loss journey?

1 comment:

  1. Try working in a busy restaurant! No, seriously. I've been in the kitchen for 15 months and even with a belt, my pants fall off my skinny ass. (The secret behind it is that you are kept actively running around and lifting heavy things for 10 hours a day, so you don't have time to eat.) Believe me, I run straight to the fridge after work! Moderation is key :)Good luck(:

    ReplyDelete