Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pin All the Things 6/24/12


Lately I have been trying to eat healthier.  It isn't easy let me tell you!  I'm really really trying to make changes that are better for me and my family.  As a result I have a crap ton of fresh fruit and veggies in my fridge.  I've re-instituted meatless Mondays and Fishy Fridays.  When I go to the grocery store I stay away from the center aisles and shop the perimeter where all the fresh stuff is: milk, produce, meats.

I haven't lost much weight but I feel better about what I am eating and I love finding new recipes to use all the veggies in my fridge.  Here are some I pinned this week:




I thought this would be a good one to try on Meatless Mondays. I was thinking some baked Tofu would be a wonderful addition and a switch to whole wheat pasta. My roommate really loves Thai food so I'm hoping to Wow! him with this one.



I've already made this one because I was missing home and really wanting to hit up a fish stand for some catfish fritters. Then I remembered that I'm down in Florida not Illinois and finding a fish stand was going to be a problem. So I was all set to fry up some fish when I suddenly remembered I was also on a diet. Found this one and love it! It's so flavorful and crispy. Don't miss the hot oil at all.



Have this marinating in my fridge as we speak. Stole a nibble and it's delicious! Sweet and spicy and refreshing. Had to sub apple cider vinegar for the rice wine vinegar and still tasty fyi.

Source: recipe.com via Heather on Pinterest


It's avocado season and this is a great way to use them. This recipe was super easy to make and, of course, is yummy. It has bacon. 'Nuff said!

Source: food.com via Heather on Pinterest


This one is so intriguing and has a recommendation from a co-worker. Haven't tried it out yet but definitely plan on it.  Anyone else tried it before?

I've also pinned a few steel cut oats recipes and squash/zucchini recipes. If your interested got visit my boards on Pinterest.

Getting healthy is a lifestyle change so I'll be posting the healthy stuff as often as I stumble across it, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment